4 Weeks Only Cybersecurity Awareness Training Course in Calabasas
Time & Location
About the Event
4 Weeks Cybersecurity Awareness Training course is Instructor-led and guided and is being delivered from January 12, 2021 - February 4, 2021 for 16 Hours over 4 weeks, 8 sessions, 2 sessions per week, 2 hours per session.
- Instructor-led and guided training
- Practical Hands-On, Highly Interactive training
- This course will be taught in English language
- All Published Ticket Prices are in US Dollars
- January 12, 2021 - February 4, 2021 US Pacific time
- 4 Weeks | 2 Hours on Tuesdays, 2 Hours on Thursdays every week US Pacific time
- 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM US Pacific time each of those days
- Please click here to add your city name and check your local date and time for the first session to be held on January 12, 2021 at 5.30 PM US Pacific Time.
- 16 Hours, 8 sessions, 4 weeks of total Instructor-led and guided training
- Training material, instructor handouts and access to useful resources on the cloud provided
- Practical Hands-on Lab exercises provided
- Actual code and scripts provided
- Real-life Scenarios
- Awareness of the latest terminologies related to cyber security.
- Assisting in developing a strategic view on addressing cyber security risks.
- Building a practical perspective to comprehend the possible impacts of such risks.
- Enabling the participants to provide appropriate direction and necessary cyber security context-driven oversight to protect their environments within their organizations.
Basic knowledge of :
- Computer System
- This course is specifically designed for computer users who use the internet to extensively to work, study and play.
1. Who is a Hacker?
- Why People Hack?
- What people Hack?
- What is information?
- How much worth my Information is?
- Types of Hackers
- Approach of a Hacker
- Steps in Hacking
2. Information gathering Techniques (How to protect your information?)
- How Hackers gather information about us?
- Does everybody know about you?
- Where do they get it? (Demo)
- Network scanning & its tools (Demo)
- What is Google and how does it work?
- Google Hacking (Demo)
- Accessing Public Cameras
- How can Google hacking help an Ethical Hacker? (Demo)
3. Foundations of Security
- Security Incident
- Why Security?
- Potential Losses Due to Security Attacks
- Elements of Security
- The Security, Functionality, and Ease of Use Triangle
- Fundamental Concepts of Security
- Layers of Security
- Security Risks to Home Users
- What to Secure?
- Benefits of Computer Security Awareness
- Basic Computer Security Checklist
4. Basics of Internet & Networking
- What is a Network?
- Types of network – LANs, WANs & WLANs
- What is Internet?
- History of the Internet
- Basic Structure
- What is a Server?
- What is an IP Address?
- What is a domain name?
- What is a browser?
- Client-Server Relationship Model
- What is a port?
5. Securing Network Connections
- Home Network
- Network Devices
- Steps for Home Networking
- Using the Network with Windows 7
- Using the Network with MAC OS X
- Securing Network Connections
- Network Adapters
- Troubleshooting with Network Adapters
6. Desktop/PC Security, Antivirus & IDS
- Types of viruses
- What are anti-viruses?
- How they detect a virus?
- What is firewall?
- What are Trojan & Spywares?
7. Passwords Security
- Types of Passwords
- Build a Strong Password
- Password Encryption
- Password Cracking (Password Recovery)
- Protection from Password Cracking
8. Data Encryption
- What Is Encryption?
- Encryption Common Terminologies
- Usage of Encryption
- Types of Encryption
- Symmetric vs. Asymmetric Encryption
- Encryption Standards
- Digital Certificates and how its Work
- Digital Signature and how its Work
- Cryptography Tools
9. Data Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Data Backup
- Types of Data Loss
- What Files to Backup and How Often?
- Windows Backup and Restore
- MAC OS X Backup and Restore
- Data Backup Tools
- Data Recovery Tools
- Physical Security
10. Internet Security
- Browser Security
- Internet Explorer Security & Privacy Settings
- Mozilla Firefox: Security & Privacy Settings
- Google Chrome Privacy and Security Settings
- Instant Messaging Security Issues & Measures
- Searching on the Web
- Online Gaming Risks
- Social Risks
- Social Engineering
- How the Malicious Users Make Money
- Recognize Administrator Mode Risks
- Child Online Safety
- Risks Involved Online
- Stealth Sites and Misleading URLs
- Risks Involved in Social Networking Websites
- Chat Rooms
11. Securing Online Transactions
- Online Shopping
- Online Banking
- Credit Card Payments
- Credit Card Frauds
- Guidelines for Ensuring Credit Card Safety
- Securing Online Transactions
- Online Payment Services
- Choosing a Secure Online Payment Service
- SSL and the Padlock Symbol
- What Does the SSL Show?
- Identifying a Trustworthy Website
- Identifying an Untrustworthy Website
- Rating Icons
12. Web Security
- How the web really works
- Rattling the Locks
- Looking through Tinted Windows – SSL
- Having someone else do it for you – Proxies
- Top Ten Most Critical Web Application Vulnerabilities
- Security Guidelines for Building Secure Web Applications
- Reading and Viewing HTML at its Source
- Proxy methods for Web Application Manipulation
13. Email Security
- How E-mail Works
- Safe E-mail Usage
- Spam, Phishing and Fraud
- Attachment Security
- Email Forging
14. Mobile Security
- Android Phone Security
- What Apps can do to harm you?
- Dos & Don’ts for Mobile Phones
15. Wireless Security
- What is Wi-Fi?
- What are public Wi-Fi?
- Can someone sniff our passwords?
- How to protect our self from Wi-Fi attacks?
16. Social Media Security
- Types of Social Media
- Attacks on Social Media
- Social Engineering Attacks
- How to defend Facebook Account?
17. Cyber Abuse
- What is cyber abuse?
- Laws against Cyber Abuse
- How to avoid cyber abuse
18. Cyber Laws
- USA PATRIOT Act
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
- The Digital Millennium Copyright Act
- Highlights of DMCA
- CAN-SPAM Act
- Computer Misuse Act 1990
- European Union Data Protection Directive (95/46/EC)
- Data Protection Act 1998